Skip to main content

Scrapstars March Retreat 2013

Well "someone" has started the countdown on the Scrapstars forum, and has posted that it is only 50 days to go !!!! I am very excited and know these next 2 months are going to fly by with plans and preparation. Of course the teachers are super organised and have prepared 4 out of 7 projects already (the other ones are well into the planning stages too). I have been in contact with the supplier these past few days and have everything on order now, so role on the deliveries:) If you would still like to book a place at the Scrapstars craft retreat in March, please go to the website at www.scrapstars.co.uk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well here goes my first post on my blog. I wanted to back pedal a little as last weekend was the first ever Scrapstars event. I didn't have a blog then but have been encouraged (and bullied) to start one! I'd love you to read the reviews of the event on Kathy and Kirsty's blogs, they have been so kind and supportive and you can find the links in my list of favourite blogs. The retreats have come about as it is something I have wanted to do for a long time. I was an avid Scrap-a- Ganza visitor and when that folded in 2008, I like so many other tried the Inspired retreat, which I have to say was fantastic, but I don't think I need to say more about what happened to the October 2010 event. I was the lady along with Karen Laverock , who tried to do a "rescue retreat" but as so many people had lost confidence in the whole event, it wasn't viable to move forward. In the end, I decided that as I had been thinking about it for two years, I should just go for i...

Technophobe

I really try not to be a tchno phobe, but honestly, stuff doesn't work for me! I love email and couldn't live without it, but like everything on the computer, it's great when it's working properly, unlike today. My email won't work yet I can google etc, what's that all about? Had myself some retail therapy this weekend, all good. My hubby is a great shopper so I'm a lucky girl, he's happy to clothes shop, shoe shop and even handbag shop !!! (He's in touch with his feminine side)! So he spotted this little beauty, we were at this outlet place near York, and there was a Fossil shop that said everything had 50% off, the original price was something crazy, and the label said £65 which I thought ok, it's all leather and I really like the bag, but then when we got to the counter, it was 50% off that, so a bargain to boot, (should have got two)! So here it is, my new handbag.....

Scrapstars the adventure continues ...

On other news, last Tuesday after Henry's death, the lovely Emma Trout sent me a replacement kit for the Western Romance one I lost at the retreat. I actually filled up with tears when I opened the box, I knew what was going to be in it, but I was feeling raw and weepy and was very touched by Emma's generosity in sending me the kit plus a few little extras :) So it was nice on Wednesday to be able to go over to see my old scrapbooking friend Lisa and Elaine and then go to Lesley's, and almost finish the western romance layout, partly following the instructions and also looking at Lesley's layout. I should really have finished it when I got home, there is very little left to do on it, so I will do so pronto, and get it posted on here, it's gorgeous and once again I will have loads left over for a second page...... On to Scrapstars news, I visited five hotels this weekend and am waiting for quotes and dates to be confirmed, i will speak to them all tomorrow. I haven...